There's really no way around saying this, so I'll just come right out and say it. 2010 sucked. Like hardcore. I felt like was living under a dark cloud the past year. Well, in all fairness, not ALL 365 days...just most of them. Dating drama. Rocky roads with friendships. Natural disasters disrupting dream vacations. But the darkest days...the ones that shook me to my core, was a cancer scare that took six months to resolve as a concern rather than diagnosis. There is nothing more humbling then to think of something eating at you from the inside out. But it seems if it wasn't a 'sickness', it was every other situation.
So as spring is offering the opportunity for 'cleansing' and 'out with the old', I am going to make a very conscience effort to rid my life of the things, people, emotions, feelings and all the other crap and baggage that held me down in 2010. My life needs a fresh coat of paint. Something of a gentler, calming, subtler shade.
As I sit her writing this, listening to my David Gray CD, I can't help be laugh at the irony of the lyrics playing now..."Wave hello, say goodbye".
No comments:
Post a Comment